Monday, January 27, 2014

Ikea Raskog Cart: 5 Ways

I am strangely obsessed with the Ikea Raskog Cart. It was at the top of my list of things to buy during my big move-in Ikea trip, even though I didn't have a specific plan for it. All I knew was it matched my color scheme and I saw it looking cute all over Pinterest. Oh, and the best part, it's only $50.00.

I ended up using it in my kitchen because I literally don't have one inch of counter space and it fit perfectly in an empty corner. It holds most of what you'd usually have out on kitchen counters or in drawers (coffee maker, NutriBullet, candles, oven mitts, dish towels, etc.) and I still have room for a lot more! On the bottom shelf I have all of my tools and supplies like command hooks, nails and tape and I could definitely squeeze more in if I needed to. I even rearranged my top shelf to hold a mini Christmas tree over the holidays!


Slapping on a few magnets was an unplanned perk!

Wine and champagne (from graduation!) bottles I use as vases, candles and wine cork memory collection.

I love it so much I find myself wondering if it would be acceptable to buy another to use as a side table by my chair or next to the desk to hold craft and office supplies. Sadly, i've decided I shouldn't have multiple Raskog carts in my studio apartment, so i'm making plans for my future mansion where I have one in every room. Here are some ideas I love!

1. Craft Cart


Someday when I have a room just for scrapbooking I am totally doing this. It holds SO much, especially when it comes to paper, stickers and utensils.

2. Bedside Table


I love the idea of using something other than a nightstand as a bedside table--i'm currently using an old chair. I'm constantly dragging my chair out of the way to rearrange my phone/iPad/laptop plugs, which makes me think a bedside table on wheels would be very convenient.

3. Closet Storage


If I had a walk in closet I would definitely put this to use. I think it'd be great for holding scarves, bathing suits, and other things I usually dig through a drawer for. Baby shoes are prooobably the cutest thing you could put on the top shelf, though.

4. Kitchen Cart (Like me!)


This photo mostly makes me daydream about painting one of my future Raskog carts minty green. As you can see, it would hold a ton of ingredients, snacks and other panty items for those of you who, like me, desperately need more kitchen storage.

5. Baking Cart


This idea makes me think of my sister, who loves to bake! It'd be so nice to have everything you need in one mobile place and might be the best way to let small-living bakers truly enjoy their hobby!

1 comment:

  1. I need that cart!!! Love it. Miss you! Fabi <3

    ReplyDelete

Monday, January 27, 2014

Ikea Raskog Cart: 5 Ways

I am strangely obsessed with the Ikea Raskog Cart. It was at the top of my list of things to buy during my big move-in Ikea trip, even though I didn't have a specific plan for it. All I knew was it matched my color scheme and I saw it looking cute all over Pinterest. Oh, and the best part, it's only $50.00.

I ended up using it in my kitchen because I literally don't have one inch of counter space and it fit perfectly in an empty corner. It holds most of what you'd usually have out on kitchen counters or in drawers (coffee maker, NutriBullet, candles, oven mitts, dish towels, etc.) and I still have room for a lot more! On the bottom shelf I have all of my tools and supplies like command hooks, nails and tape and I could definitely squeeze more in if I needed to. I even rearranged my top shelf to hold a mini Christmas tree over the holidays!


Slapping on a few magnets was an unplanned perk!

Wine and champagne (from graduation!) bottles I use as vases, candles and wine cork memory collection.

I love it so much I find myself wondering if it would be acceptable to buy another to use as a side table by my chair or next to the desk to hold craft and office supplies. Sadly, i've decided I shouldn't have multiple Raskog carts in my studio apartment, so i'm making plans for my future mansion where I have one in every room. Here are some ideas I love!

1. Craft Cart


Someday when I have a room just for scrapbooking I am totally doing this. It holds SO much, especially when it comes to paper, stickers and utensils.

2. Bedside Table


I love the idea of using something other than a nightstand as a bedside table--i'm currently using an old chair. I'm constantly dragging my chair out of the way to rearrange my phone/iPad/laptop plugs, which makes me think a bedside table on wheels would be very convenient.

3. Closet Storage


If I had a walk in closet I would definitely put this to use. I think it'd be great for holding scarves, bathing suits, and other things I usually dig through a drawer for. Baby shoes are prooobably the cutest thing you could put on the top shelf, though.

4. Kitchen Cart (Like me!)


This photo mostly makes me daydream about painting one of my future Raskog carts minty green. As you can see, it would hold a ton of ingredients, snacks and other panty items for those of you who, like me, desperately need more kitchen storage.

5. Baking Cart


This idea makes me think of my sister, who loves to bake! It'd be so nice to have everything you need in one mobile place and might be the best way to let small-living bakers truly enjoy their hobby!

1 comment:

  1. I need that cart!!! Love it. Miss you! Fabi <3

    ReplyDelete